Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:03:19 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   email [was: Screen Shot]

I'm gonna cc this to -newbies as a subtle hint :-)
It's one thing that we can easily learn to do well.

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 04:31:33PM +0800, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Sat, 18 April 1998 at 22:10:15 -0700, Don Wilde wrote:
> > Mike wrote:
> >
> >> P.S.  Does anybody else but me think that you shouldn't quote the whole
> >> friggin' message when replying?  Be kind on other people's slow links.
> >
> > core sure does, read the list charters. I was about to say something,
> > TNX for speaking up!

I couldn't see anything specific in the list charters, but I wish it was
there. It's so annoying to wade through someone's out of context prattle
at the top, then see every word of the original message and sig and footer
quoted at the bottom as if it wasn't important to the writer anyway. It's
like someone turning their back during a conversation.

> I frequently get up on my hind legs and complain about this sort of
> thing (and a whole lot of other related issues).  Check out
> http://www.lemis.com/email.html and send me comments if you will.

You forgot to mention it's been enhanced.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more