Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:39:42 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash plugin

--On June 13, 2005 6:42:24 PM -0700 Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
wrote:

> There seem to be lot mozilla/firefox choices in the ports tree.. which
> version(s) did you use and what version of freebsd are you running?
> I am just recompiling firefox in the hope of getting flash working.
> I am using /usr/ports/firefox but am now wondering if I should be
> compiling  linux-firefox?

No, just install linuxpluginwrapper and *pay attention* to the information
supplied from pkg-message (or read pkg-message before installing.  You have
to mount linprocfs before doing the install (and you should edit /etc/fstab
to mount linprocfs on boot) and cp
/usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-yourversion to
/etc/libmap.conf.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas