Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 1996 14:17:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Grrr. NFS to a Sun (Slowaris 5.5.1)

> [ cut to -current; 3 groups is definite overkill, Charles! :( ]
>
> > Its been my impression that the NFS on FreeBSD went really downhill between
> > 0612 and 0801 ...  I've been having all sorts of annoying pauses and glitches
> > to a RS/6000 as well, but nothing nearly as bad as to the sparc.
>
> You'd be right in that impression - NFS clientry is now one of the
> easiest way to crash yourself in -current.

Uh, why is it that my news server, which NFS serves the spool to some 30
clients, doesn't blow up? :-)

2.2-Current from about 8/22 of this year is the load I'm using.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!