Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:34:54 -0700
From:      "Dave Overton" <dave@syix.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail - host name lookup failure

I need an education...  Or at least some help anyway.

I did all the tests I can think of, on the DNS server, and the mail
server, to see if I can find the reason for this error message....
Nslookup and dig and even sendmail with debugging....
"
<Steven.Moede@cboegwy01.boe.ca.gov>

<Steven.Moede@cboegwy01.boe.ca.gov>... Deferred: Name server:
cboegwy01.boe.ca.gov.: host name lookup failure
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue
"

Everything I have tried shows this thing as "ok" but Sendmail flat says
its bad.  Any reason for it that perhaps anyone out there is aware of?
And if you can show me why, so I can learn, I would appreciate it.

Dave Overton			SYIX.COM