Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 09:00:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Colorado Jumbo 250MB ft, and FreeBSD 2.0R

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > I submitted a patch some time ago but nobody committed it. ...
>
> I have tested the patch here, and it is sitting in my tree ready for commit,
> I am waiting on Joerg Wunsch to finish his review of it (since I only
> had a drive to test with for a short time, and only one model of drive
> I felt it best to get a second review before commiting).

Sorry for not getting back on this... My old test machine crashed by
the weekend.

Unfortunately, it looks that my old (& cheap) Insight tape drive is
disfunctional.  So all i could do is to have a look at the patch (and
it looks ok), without being able to actually test it with a floppy
tape drive.

Rod, go and commit it.  I hope there are some other people with ft
drives around who can finally test them, perhaps with the next snap
release.

> > The fix within ft to avoid the messages works, but the correct way to
> > remove them is to get them out of the fd driver in the first place. ...
>
> Some one from the fdc driver camp care to comment about this?

It's the topmost entry in my TODO list.  I'm just sitting and wait for
Rod to commit his changes.

I promise 2.1 will not complain too much about ``ready for output in
input''... :)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/