Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:20:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <jkoshy@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>, Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: User-mounting floppies (was Re: stupid questions)

rs> I received the following answer from someone some time back.  Since it
rs> gets asked pretty often, I think it deserves to be in the FAQ, and if
rs> there's nothing terribly dangerous about it, here it is for possible
rs> inclusion:

It does seem to be already in the FAQ :).  From the logs:

    ----------------------------
    revision 1.7
    date: 1999/08/30 05:33:19;  author: jkoshy;  state: Exp;  lines: +50 -1
    New FAQ entry on how to allow users to mount devices.

    Reviewed by:    -doc (content), nik (DocBook expertise)

See also:

    revision 1.11
    date: 1999/09/22 07:23:47;  author: jkoshy;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -2
    Note that enabling sysctl vfs.usermount has adverse effects on system
    security.