Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:08:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Whats is this? FBSD 4.1 isn't stable!

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
Well, sorry, but this is not that kind of doing science by laying hands onto something
and say: well - its this kind of symptome!

We develop here equipment for airborne measurement facilities for meteorological
science and the way we stress things makes me sure, over the time, that a system,
which has been stressed much more under much more bad conditions do not fail
in a phase of been not stressed that hard.

Maybe you're right and I caught some kind of "hardware failure", but surely not
that kind of failure that we expect due to "overheating" the CPUs. The machine here
in front of me is much better air conditioned thatn other systems I stressed.

Kind regards, O. Hartmann