Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:15:37 -0400
From:      "Gray, David W" <David.W.Gray@nielsen.com>
To:        <deeptech71@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: what can i do with a 486?

As I recall, we had two emulators - one that didn't work so hot, and a
better one that was, alas
GPL'd, and therefore couldn't be built into a distribution kernel.

As to when it stopped shipping, I dunno - I know it's in 4, and I know
it isn't in 6, but I don't
have any 5. boxen left. (The laptop I couldn't get to work under 5.2+ is
now happily purring under=20
Ubuntu, and everything else is on 6.)

And yeah, I misremembered the overdrive chips (but, the '487 WAS NOT a
math coprocessor - it was a real
'486 + fpu, with a bond out option.)=20