Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:10:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        lehey.pad@sni.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        davidg@root.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using ddb to debug a double-panic?

> I've been thinking about improving ddb.  About 4 years ago, I wrote a
> similar kernel debugger for BSD/386, and was thinking of incorporating
> some of its features into ddb.  One of the things it could do was
> exactly this kind of stack trace (well, it supplied other information
> as well).  I won't get round to doing it until May, though.
>
> Does anybody else have ideas about improving ddb?

Have you ever seen WINICE for Windows95?  No, it's not Windows-based,
it's text based, but it allows disassembly in several format, along
with loading of symbol information for kernel modules (VXD's and VPE's)
and all sorts of other nice, nice features.

Like the ability to install debug hooks in every one of your drivers
so that if you conditionally compile them with debug (be even better
if we supported segment ID's and kernel paging...), you extend the
debug commands with driver specific table dumping, etc..

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.