Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:29:36 +0100
From:      Lars Koeller <lkoeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Start 2 Xservers with xdm -> problems!

--------

Hi!

I'm running 2.1.6.1 and XFree86-3.2. I just tried to start 2 X-servers on my
machine with xdm. Only one with the following X-server config file runs well

:0 local /usr/X11/bin/X

but if I change to the following

:1 local /usr/X11/bin/X :1 ttyv5
:0 local /usr/X11/bin/X :0 ttyv4

both servers are started, but after switching to the vt console and back to
the server all seems confused, especially the keyboard, and switching never
works again.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards

Lars
Internet:                                       |  Lars Koeller
  Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE      |  Department of Physics
  ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de             |  University of Rostock
PGP-key:                                        |  Germany
  http://www.nic.surfnet.nl/pgp/pks-toplev.html |

----------- FreeBSD, what else? ---- http://www.freebsd.org ------------