Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 1996 12:34:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ppp

I am trying to bring my ppp back, after not using it for several months,
or maybe longer.  I can see that a lot of stuff ahs improved (at least
under current).  I have the standard setup recommended in the ppp man
page, and illustrated in the ppp.conf and ppp.linkup files, and I can
bring up ppp, and the new route is inserted nicely into the routing table,
and it even goes so far as to delete it when it's done.

The only thing it isn't doing is making that new route default, so nothing
on my machine addresses it.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm NOT running routed, I've seen all the discussion on that.  The only
reason I didn't post this to -questions is because I don't want to get a
lot of answers involved with 2.1.5 versions.  If I was wrong in this, Ill
try there.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |