Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:07:22 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Record Uptimes

Mark Ovens wrote:
> Liam J. Foy wrote:
>> On 1 Jun 2006, at 18:40, Mark Ovens wrote:
>>
>>> Respectable showing from FreeBSD here
>>>
>>> http://en.uptime-project.net/page.php?page=toplist&content=allhosts

<snip>

> The longest it's been up for is ~220 days but that's because we have a
> flaky mains supply round here (electric company more interested in their
> shareholders than customers). Perhaps now it's time to get a UPS?

Past time, I'd say.  Just wasted a good 3 hours someone else could
have handled because we moved a server away from its backup battery
and hadn't got around to replacing it.

Of course, it only took a minute to press the button, and 3 to watch
it boot and fsck.  But it was the other hour spent waiting for another
vendor to decide to come and replace their entire system that got to
me.  I'm too frickin' courteous to my clientele....

KDK

--
Love to eat them mousies,
Mousies I love to eat.