Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 1997 16:38:52 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with w and who

When I have several users logged in, w and who only show 2 users total,
me and a fake user called ttyp3... like this:

bsdx: {23} w
 4:37PM  up 41 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.33, 0.23, 0.11
USER             TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
user1            v0  -                 3:59PM    37 xinit
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xi
ttyp3                :0.0              4:00PM    41 -

I am using 3.0-current and I have had this problem for several days,
maybe the whole time ive had 3.0, im not sure, but I have cvsup'ed and
make'd world almost every day this week and the problem has not gone
away. Thanks,