Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:41:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        aab10490@pop16.odn.ne.jp
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How about Conexant? (was Re: Modem on laptop...)

------=_MJrA(oI(SCXcpUiuZnJ)LBPu0,S=5H2or?O)h)8hj(WhtB2v)Rgr8wF(U.2-

This represents an intriguing idea -- shimming a binary-only Linux driver.
Has anyone attempted to do the same sort of thing for Conexant (nee'
Lucent) winmodems? Aparently some French outfit (Oltec?) has a Linux
binary-only driver that might be workable in a similar manner. I know I'd
sure love to not have to carry a pccard on road trips. :-) It would also
cut down to 1 the devices likely to remain unsupported on my laptop -- the
memory stick slot (I'm tempted to stuff mine with chewing gum anyway).

------=_MJrA(oI(SCXcpUiuZnJ)LBPu0,S=5H2or?O)h)8hj(WhtB2v)Rgr8wF(U.2-

DQo=

------=_MJrA(oI(SCXcpUiuZnJ)LBPu0,S=5H2or?O)h)8hj(WhtB2v)Rgr8wF(U.2---