Date:      Tue, 5 May 2009 19:04:23 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?B?SXN0duFu?= <leccine@gmail.com>
To:        Stephen Sanders <ssanders@softhammer.net>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM sysctl tuning

I guess you can find some useful information here:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide

Please note the difference between 7.2 and all the previous releases.

"FreeBSD 7.2+ has improved kernel memory allocation strategy and no tuning
may be necessary on systems with more than 2 GB of RAM. "

Also wort play a bit with kern.maxvnodes as the document says.
Not to forget:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arch-handbook/vm-tuning.html

Regards,
Istvan