Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:00:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        marcus@marcuscom.com, julian@elischer.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla busted?

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <1032493248.346.46.camel@gyros.marcuscom.com>
>             Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> writes:
> : On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 23:38, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> : > In message: <1032492643.346.44.camel@gyros.marcuscom.com>
> : >             Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> writes:
> : > : On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 23:22, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> : > : > In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0209191920510.14811-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>
> : > : >             Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
> : > : > : Is it statically linked?
> : > : >
> : > : > Yup.
> : > :
> : > : You'll need to rebuild against the new libc_r, then.
> : >
> : > Yuck.  I'd rather nail jello to a tree than try to update a port that
> : > complicated.
> :
> : If it makes you feel better, I just ran a compile on my -CURRENT
> : machine, and it went fine.  Both mozilla and mozilla-devel should build
> : out of the tree....with or without jello.
>
> Do you know if this breaks libc_r.so.4.0 too?  I'm thinking of just
> grabbing the build from Mozilla.org...

I think it does since it's a kernel ABI breakage in ucontext_t's
and sigreturn().  I think we either need to reformat the ucontext_t
in some way that is compatible with the old format, or make a
new sigreturn() using the current one for compatibility.  It's
a shame 'cause it's only broken for i386, not the other archs.

--
Dan Eischen