Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:47:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anoncvs server

> You might even be able to create the 'magic' branch tag on your local
> machine, but I've not done it.
>
> Have you messed with it at all?

Yes, but it looks like I can oly do one "magic" at a time without a
mirror repository and writing in an incremental checkin for a vendor
branch (possible with a "cvs log | sed ...", but takes too much local
space to do).

I posted what I posted because I got tired of the "alls ya gotta do"
type answers which are really non-answers because "alls ya gotta do"
doesn't work like the poster expects.

In general, this area isn't well researched, unfortunately, since I'm
one of the few who needs it.

> ps. Whatever happened to you uploading a complete /sys tree to some site
> for Julian/PHK to look at?

I regenerated patches against -current, as a small portion of the changes
I want including only the layering issues for namei and the simplification
of the EEXISTS code duplication in 5 failure cases.  Julian has these
patches, and he's examined them in dteal.  I don't know if he's given them
to John yet or not; he said he was going to.  I answered about 15 questions
clarifying the nature of the patches for him, since some of the changes
seemed counter-intuitive without knowing who was responsible for what.
Julian seemed satisfied with the answers.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---