Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:59:14 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Tim <tim@futuresouth.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

At 03:37 PM 03/10/2001, Tim wrote:
>Is there a point of contact at Intel that we could all send e-mail to or
>even send a formal letter?  I am sure my buying 50 or so boards a year
>isn't going to make a dent at Intel's bottom line, but considering how
>their stock is doing lately and if we all contribute...

Um, I dont think your going to get intel to change its policy The policy
exists for a reason. Plus, they are already selling lots of boards with the
existing driver, so how many more will they sell? the delta isnt enough for
them to put someone on the case.

What will really get them is some press on how bad their drivers are. Their
eepro100 driver for linux is unusable under load. and from what I've hard
their gigabit driver isnt much better.

Letters dont do anything. its all about image.

Dennis