Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 00:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Removeable media support

> As Mark J. Taylor wrote:
> >
> > But, MO technology is MUCH MUCH faster than tape, and looks just like
> > another SCSI hard drive.

Uhm, be aware that MO technology is a slow writer, since it must pass over
each track twice to write, once to erase, once to write...

> Besides MO technology, Iomega's recently announced new drives (i think
> the call'em ``zipdrives'') come to mind.  They provide 100 MB at a
> reasonable price for the drive (much less than an 128 MB MO drive),
> and with comparable medium costs.

I'm very interested in this drive, if anybody has any experience ?

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'