Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 15:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/35726: Won't let me use ifconfig on the interfaces after upgrade to latest OS

The following reply was made to PR i386/35726; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Andrew Fremantle <temp1274@skyhawk.ca>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:09:32 +0300

 On 2002-05-16 23:40, Andrew Fremantle wrote:
 > Sorry to interject, but I've got something similar, though I think
 > it may not be related to the reported problem....

 Don't be.  Any feedback that is relevant is necessary, and welcome.
 On the other hand, when you think that this is not related to the
 problem described in the original PR, you should file a new PR.

 > FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p4
 >
 > Two NICs. rl0 and xl0.
 >
 > relevant statements in /etc/rc.conf
 > ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.0.254"
 > ifconfig_xl0="DHCP"
 >
 > xl0 is always DHCP configured without problems, but rl0 is never configured
 > at all. I haven't tried two non-DHCP configurations.... let me do that now.

 What happens if you explicitly set network_interfaces to "lo0 xl0 rl0"?

 	% grep network_interfaces /etc/rc.conf
 	network_interfaces="lo0 xl0 rl0"

 - Giorgos