Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 02:10:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   best way to bind webserver to port 80 without running as root

Hi all,=0A=A0=0Asuddenly I'm facing this quest on freebsd 8. I need to bind=
 my little webserver running aolserver to port 80. In the past I was always=
 using port 8080 and had my router configured to forward requests on port 8=
0 to the server on port 8080. However, I am planning to host my little site=
 on a virtual server with a hosting company and figuredI can't use the work=
around I always used. So my question is, how to bind aolserver to port 80 w=
ithout running=A0as root as I understood ports below 1024 can only be used =
by root.=0AI found a sysctl net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedhigh which enable=
s me to set it to 0. However, I don't know what the security ramifications =
are of using that. Are there any other options I could consider?=0A=A0=0ATh=
anks=0ADino