Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:41:54 +0200
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        Martin Hanson <greencoppermine@yandex.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: We need much better security updates for packages

<greencoppermine@yandex.com>:
>=20
> Hi
>=20
> This is a suggestion.
>=20
> If "pkg" is going to be any good, meaning as a real replacement for
> always compiling from ports, I think it is really important that we
> move away from a fixed weekly build when important security upgrades
> are pending.
>=20
>=20
> Or this could even be automatized perhaps?
>=20

I believe, the quarter-yearly =E2=80=9Ecuts=E2=80=9C of the ports-tree =
are supposed to be that.

I have no idea, however, how fast and plenty updates are coming to this =
branch.

I there a mailing-list only for commits to that particular branch?

I don=E2=80=99t want mails with all commits to the whole ports-tree=E2=80=A6=
.

I run my own poudriere server and if I really need a security-update, I =
copy the stuff over from my =E2=80=9Ecurrent=E2=80=9C tree that follows =
head.

Ideally, I would just need to run a svn update - but I=E2=80=99d like to =
know in advance what has changed=E2=80=A6