Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 19:44:19 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Steven Kehlet <kehlet@techfuel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: enabling -DNAMEBLOCK breaks biosboot build (fwd)

Steven Kehlet wrote:

> With 3.4-STABLE code, cvsup'd on Tues May 9th, enabling -DNAMEBLOCK in
> /sys/i386/boot/biosboot/Makefile breaks the build:
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We no longer use that. I'm surprised it is present at all in 3.4's
source code. Alas... maybe it is an old version that somehow was left
alone by cvsup? Well, anyway, no one is maintaining that code.

> I'd like the NAMEBLOCK feature so I can use nextboot.  Is there a new
> way to boot different kernels, or am I screwed?

Indeed, nextboot is not supported anymore, though one can easily write a
program to do what you want by changing /boot/loader.conf.

Please refer to loader(8), loader.conf(5) and loader.4th(8) man pages
for 3.x+ system bootstrapping.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com