Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:44:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org (Seth)
Cc:        tcobb@staff.circle.net, lightningweb@hotmail.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, greg@lightningweb.com, jeremy@lightningweb.com, keith@lightningweb.com, criter@lightningweb.com
Subject:   Re: continued crashes with 3.1-Stable

As I recall, Seth wrote:
> My intention, of course, was not to start a war over who could
> generate the most load.  You win.  :)
>
> Keep in mind that load can represent the lack of processing capability
> of your machine as jobs are queued up 'cause they can't find CPU time
> in which to complete....  Ah.  You're running Solaris.  That explains
> it.  :)

Actually, that machine is a Pyramid, running SysVr4 (Pyramid calls
it DC/OSx).

It's the machine our developers (ab)use.  But it does set a standard
for grace/stability under load.  Even Pyramid is impressed.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net