Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 96 20:23:41 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-961006-SNAP keyboard lockup

 >> I do occasionally have keyboard lockups too, but only under X.  I'm not
 >> sure that mine is a FreeBSD problem however -- I'm running Xaccel.  If I
 >> log out my session (The mouse still works) and log back in, I find that I
 >> have control of the keyboard again.  (I run 960801-SNAP.)

 > When it locks up, is it possible to run this from a mouse menu button
 > or something and see if it fixes it?

 > echo "set ipending=2" | gdb -k -w /kernel /dev/mem >/dev/null 2>&1

 > I have the same problem, but it only happens when I xmodmap the
 > keyboard to swap my capslock and DEL keys.  Before I did this (the
 > result of switching keyboards to one which didn't do it in hardware),
 > I never had a problem at all.

I also have this problem, and it is always caused by hitting the
NumLock key (it is remapped to KP_F1). This occurs more frequently
when the disk activity is high.
'xset r' always solve the problem.

 > 						Jordan

Jean-Marc
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr