Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:15:04 +0900
From:      Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji@MailAndNews.com>
To:        German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AD1816 chip configuration (Soundblaster Pro compatible)

> Check out http://www.mayn.franken.de/users/tanis , I have placed a
> patched version of Luigi's driver there with support for the AD1816.
> You will probably have to add the PnP id of your card in the probe.
>
> --
> German Tischler            tanis@gaspode.franken.de
> Apple eaten (core dumped)  tanis@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de

Thanks for your help.  I downloaded your version and add id number for AD1816.
 But now I have another (maybe fundamental) problem in making config file.
As noted in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/README, I wrote in the config file:
---
controller      pnp0
device pcm0 at isa ? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 vector pcmintr
---
Then, in dmesg appears,
---
CSN 1 Vendor ID: ADS7181 [0x81719304] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: PNPb006
[0x06b0
d041]
pcm1 (Analog Devices 1816 <AD1816A> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x500-0x50f irq 5 drq 1
flags 0x13 on isa
---
Of course I have only one card.  And
---
pcm0 not probed due to drq conflict with pcm1 at 1
---
How can I configure pcm0 ?

Thanks in advance.

-Tetsuji Rai