Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:28:04 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Lauri Laupmaa" <mauri@inspiral.net>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail, rbl & orbs

From: "Lauri Laupmaa" <mauri@inspiral.net>
> Many thanks to You and other helpful people!
> RBL is working now... just wondering if ORBS is a subset of RBL ?

ORBS is not a subset of RBL.  Both ORBS and relays.mail-abuse.org are used
to block mail from open-relays.

I use the following Blackhole Lists in my *.mc file:

dnl Uncomment to activate Realtime Blackhole List (recommended!)
FEATURE(dnsbl, `rbl.maps.vix.com',`"Mail from "$&{client_addr}" rejected;
see http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?"$&{client_addr}')dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl, `dul.maps.vix.com',`"Mail from dial-up "$&{client_addr}"
rejected; see http://mail-abuse.org/dul/enduser.htm"')dnl
HACK(orbsbl2)dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl, `relays.orbs.org',`"Mail from open relay "$&{client_addr}"
rejected; see http://www.orbs.org/verify.cgi?address="$&{client_addr}')dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl, `relays.mail-abuse.org',`"Mail from open relay
"$&{client_addr}" rejected; see
http://www.mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?"$&{client_addr}')dnl

NOTE:  When the error message contains a hyperlink, you need to use quotes
(") arround the error message, otherwise the error message will contain a
space between the hyperlink and client_addr.

NOTE:  orbsbl2 - Hack to limit the scope of rejected open-relays from the
ORBS and RBL relays lists.

Scot