Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:12:17 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, sheldonh@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: kern/20375: APM doesn't work properly! Suspend/resume/suspend/hang

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 01:57:52AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > > Synopsis: APM doesn't work properly!  Suspend/resume/suspend/hang
> >
> > Is this still broken Joe ?  Does it freeze after a soft *beep* on the
> > second suspend attempt ?
>
> After Soron's recent ATA changes I now get a spectacular crash upon
> resume.  :(  So I don't know.
>
> I'll do a new kernel build today and check the state of play.

With the dodgy call to tsleep (passing a NULL as the first arg) I was
getting a panic in the KASSERT in tsleep(), but once that was fixed
I'm back where I can suspend, resume then lock up when I try to suspend
again.

It'd be worth looking at a crash trace if you can get one.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>