Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:05:19 -0600
From:      Paul <tribble@tribble.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: nVidia Cards /w FreeBSD (3D Acceleration)

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:48:05AM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> NVidia cards are all I buy now, have 3 or 4 right now ... don't the cards
> have some sort of serial number?  is there any way of using that to
> provide a pseudo-petition list ... maybe our new benefactors could talk to
> NVidia themselves, get nVidia to setup a nonline 'registration form' that
> we could all connect to and submit our serial numbers, to give them a feel
> for number of FreeBSD'rs out here?

If nvidia is unwilling, then we could designate someone the "keeper of
the petition", and have everyone submit their serials to their server
through a (lynx-friendly, perhaps?) web form of some sort.  Once we've
collected what we feel is a good amount, we could mail the whole damn list
to nVidia... and see if they respond favorably.

Regards,
Paul
<tribble@tribble.net>
http://www.tribble.net/