Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:01:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Two Junior Kernel Hacker tasks..

> > sys/${MACHINE_ARCH}/compile?
>
> Sure, fine.  I don't really care which, I just would like the problem solved
> somehow. :)

I seem to recall that the 2 or 3 times I've brought this up over the last 3-4
years either Bruce or Peter or both said No!, but my memory could be playing
me false.

What *I* do is NFS mount my test source from a common machine, but then nfs
loopback mount the compile directory for each machine. I'd use a nullfs mount
if that worked.

This has the feature of avoiding the multiplatform foo (mostly- it's been
known to break over the last year or so), and also to get more reasonable
compile performance.

-matt