Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 96 17:36:04 -0600
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I want PPP to stay up all the time

OS: FreeBSD 2.1.

I'm have a full-time (modem) ppp connection to the internet.  I'd like the
link to stay up all the time.  What happens now with both kernel and user PPP
is that if the link drops (i.e. due to a noisy phone line), it stays down.

I've gone over the man pages and the FreeBSD Handbook and have found nothing
that seems to help.  I would dig through the source, but my CD drive is dead
(but under warranty, so will eventually be replaced).

I have tried both user and kernel ppp.

Any suggestions?

Kenneth Ingham
ingham@i-pi.com