Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:18:55 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        sheldonh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        terrance@hoku.2y.net, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org, yokota@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/20507: Mouse freezes in 4.0-release after some usage in Xfree86

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 02:51:06AM -0700, sheldonh@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: Mouse freezes in 4.0-release after some usage in Xfree86
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: sheldonh
> State-Changed-When: Thu Aug 10 02:49:23 PDT 2000
> State-Changed-Why:
> I don't see this behaviour at all.  You haven't really given
> us any information, though.  We need to know what your
> moused(8) options are and what your XF86Config's Pointer
> section looks like.

This was reported on the stable list in mid July.  Look for the
subject line 'lost mouse when switching back to X'.

It appears to be a bug in XFree86-4.0.1, and a patch around the
problem was proposed by Sascha Blank <sblank@addcom.de> in message
Id <20000718172452.A8300@ally.blank.de>.  We've tried the patch
here and it does indeed fix the problem.

Joe