Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 13:37:13 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MX records and sendmail

How do I go about setting up a MX record such that email to site A is
sent to site B but is only queued up instead of being delivered to the
users on Site B.

Machine A is connected to the Internet via a SLIP line, which goes down
whenever I need the phone or need the computer for non-BSD work.
Machine B is on the Internet full-time, and is the primary DNS box for
my sub-net.

I added the MX record to point to machine B which machine A is down, but
it was orginally rejecting the email until I modified the sendmail.cf
file to accept mail to machine B.  However, now it's delivering the
email to the users on machine B instead of queing up the email and
waiting until machine A is back up, and I can't send email from machine
B to A since B knows it's machine A.

Is this possible?  Since I have access to both machines, I know that I
can at least get the mail destined to machine A no matter what if it at
least spools on machine B.

Thanks in advance,

Nate