Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/10642: exports(5) mentions KERBNFS but that's not in LINT

The following reply was made to PR kern/10642; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
To: Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de,
	dfr@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:20:53 +0200

 At Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:24:57 BST, Doug Rabson wrote:
 > On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Johan Karlsson wrote:
 > > ==== src/sys/nfs/nfs_socket.c ===
 > > 1297: #ifdef NFSKERB
 > > 1298:                        XXX
 > > 1299: #endif
 > >
 > > Using this option would make the kernel not compile.
 > >
 > > If not I think it should be removed along with the reference
 > > in exports(5).
 >
 > That is a marker to point out code which was removed to allow the code in
 > question to be exported. It shouldn't be removed (unless all of the
 > NFSKERB code is being removed) since it needs to be replaced with an
 > appropriate call to an encryption routine.

 Ok, thanks for the explanation.

 What do you think about removing the reference in exports(5) or at least
 adding something like

 "Using this option will make the kernel not compile, if one do not also
 take care of adding calls to the appropriate kerberos encryption routins
 in the NFS source."

 /Johan K