Date:      Sun, 08 Mar 1998 18:13:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Alfred Perlstein" <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>, "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>, "David Kelly" <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uncle Sam, got a million bucks?

> Actually, there was company dedicated with a product similar to wine
> and they required just a little push which we didn't give them.

Wine has always required more than a "little push", it's required a
Saturn rocket up the ass.  When compared to real solutions like SoftPC
from Insignia solutions, it's not even close to being sufficient for
the intended purpose (running popular Win95 binaries, in case people
forgot) and I doubt that it ever will be.

Sorry for the rampant pessimism but I've watched that project for
going on 3 years now and I think I could grow old and die waiting for
it to bear any real fruit.  They bit off more than they could chew and
it wouldn't be the first time somebody's done that.  At this point,
I'd say it'd be better to simply work on making BOCHS perform well and
forget WINE ever existed.

					Jordan