Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:15:01 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox/kernel broken?

So, I have a problem with VirtualBox and can't say whether it's a problem
with VirtualBox itself or something which has changed in the kernel.

I'm running FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT Wed Sep 16 11:40:19 CEST 2009 amd64.

I installed both the port and the latest stuff from svn.

The problem is with an installation of Windows 7 RC which was working
fine with an older version of the port (can't say from when, though)
AND of the kernel.

Today I decided to try the latest version of VirtualBox and the W7RC
fails upon booting with an internal VirtualBox error.

Strangely enough, if I start W7RC in repair mode it happily runs to
completion, but then the boot fails with the above mentioned error.

Booting from the ISO also fails.

I have all kinds of log files from VirtualBox which I can't parse.

Interestingly enough, the two Linux installations, which are from
about the same time as the W7RC installation, still run flawlessly.

Has anyone else seen any strangeness with the newer versions of VirtualBox
and a fairly recent 9.0-CURRENT?

---
Gary Jennejohn