Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 17:01:27 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Found a Fix (was: Is aha broken?)

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9905141824050.55588-100000@germanium.xtalwind.net> jack writes:
: I installed 3.2-19990514-BETA onto another box today and ran into
: the same thing.

Dang. :-(

: The all powerful DELAY(10000) fixes it for both of my boxes.  :)

Cool.  I can't find anything in the docs that would explain why this
delay is needed.  Did you try the less powerful DELAY(1000) or
DELAY(100)?  10mS is a long time to spin in the kernel (granted, it is
only on the probe, but there are moves afoot to make that happen at
any time now).

There were similar delays in the old aha driver, but I seem to recall
they were in different locations.

I'm committing this fix (as soon as alc's lock in src/sys/dev/aha is
released).  It is a very strong 3.2 candidate for merging.  What's the
deadline for merge?

Warner