Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:35:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Chuck TheMascot" <freebsdfan@hotmail.com>
Cc:        small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting from Flash

In message <F262tTXrtfQyupGKy3h000026e7@hotmail.com> "Chuck TheMascot" writes:
: I just reread your message this time I noticed that the flash is a
: *removeable* CF card!  Too cool.  If the laptop runs FreeBSD and recognizes
: the CF card it should be a piece of cake ! If you run out of room in the
: 16mb for X, just buy a bigger CF card.  Frys has 128mb CF cards for around
: $75.

The removable part makes it trivial.

We use some custom scripts to create 32M and 64M parts all the time
with a CF adapter and desktop ISA card.

With 4.4 you should be able to do something like:
	make buildworld
	fdisk -I ad8
	disklabel -rw ad8s1 auto
	newfs /dev/ad8s1a