Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:45:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      volf@oasis.IAEhv.nl (Frank Volf)
To:        ru@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        volf@oasis.IAEhv.nl, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org, wollman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/20877: ICMP error msg on UDP port unreachable is incorrect

ru@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: ICMP error msg on UDP port unreachable is incorrect
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: ru
> State-Changed-When: Sun Aug 27 08:34:02 PDT 2000
> State-Changed-Why:
> Duplicate of PR 16240.

I disagree with the fact that you simply close this pr as being a duplicate
case of PR 16240.

PR 16240 tries to address the generic problem, which is indeed present in
many network implementations and may or maynot be difficult to fix.

Here, a very simple patch is presented for a special instance of 16240
(an instance that occurs a lot, e.g. using udp based tracerouted). I see no
reason why this patch cannot be applied to FreeBSD.

If there *are* issues that I overlooked I would like to hear about them,
and have them properly discussed.

Please reconsider.

Frank