Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:23:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serious stability problems

Recently I've experienced stability problems with one of my 4.0-STABLE
boxes. When it freezes/locks up I can still ping it, and I can change
between virtual consoles, but everything else is dead. Ctrl-alt-del
doesn't work, or any other input on the console, except for print-screen.

As far as I can tell there are no messages in the logs or on the console
telling me what's wrong.

I just went through a 'make -j 4 world' with the source I updated a few
days ago in single-user mode, and that seemed to work without any
complaints.

I've attached the dmesg-output, so I probably don't have to explain what
hardware I've got. /usr and /home is using soft-updates.

The box is running apache 1.3.12 + php4, lotsof screens with irc and
pine/mutt, does email for a few domains, but doesn't have a significantly
high load. Usually 10-20 users are logged in, via ssh.

--
Morten A. Middelthon
Freenix Norge