Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 10:07:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        kaleb@x.org (Kaleb S. KEITHLEY)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVORAK keyboard drivers

As Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:

> Some have asserted that it's too much to ask people to change a line
> in their XF86Config file from "XkbSymbols us(pc101)" to "XkbSymbols
> us(pc101)+de" because that's "hacker meat."

That's not the point.

The point is that i would need something like

XkbSymbols us(pc101)+de+hacks_by_joerg_wunsch

there, where the file hacks-by-joerg-wunsch needs to be created
somehow from the keyboard description files i've already got for the
console driver.  Likewise for all other people who are using
non-standard layouts, and who do already have description files for
their console drivers.

Sorry, my direct mail to you bounced twice since the Xconsortium
mailer still cannot handle i18n'ed mails.  That's a pity.  How many of
the mailing list stuff do you miss since your mailer is unwilling to
finally deliver it to you???

--
cheers, J"org