Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2001 18:11:33 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "Brian Szymanski" <brian.szymanski@cornell.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: EIDE Drive Errors - Please Help!

You're scaring me, man! I've always have had very good luck with the
reliability of IBM hardware! Some kind person on the list pointed me to
software on IBM sites that allowed me to re-format and map the bad sectors
out. It seems to be fine right now and I don't have enough time right now to
swap drives and re-install the OS. The system has to be up by the morning.

What is the easiest way of swapping both drives? I suspect I should do a
level 0 dump. Install the new drive. Install a minimum FBSD system and them
restore from tape on top of it??

Thanks,
Kory