Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:22:15 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, sheldonh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/20375: APM doesn't work properly! Suspend/resume/suspend/hang

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 12:12:17PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:

> > > Is this still broken Joe ?  Does it freeze after a soft *beep* on the
> > > second suspend attempt ?
> >
> > After Soron's recent ATA changes I now get a spectacular crash upon
> > resume.  :(  So I don't know.
> >
> > I'll do a new kernel build today and check the state of play.
>
> With the dodgy call to tsleep (passing a NULL as the first arg) I was
> getting a panic in the KASSERT in tsleep(), but once that was fixed
> I'm back where I can suspend, resume then lock up when I try to suspend
> again.
>
> It'd be worth looking at a crash trace if you can get one.

Mine was working once _until_ the tsleep fix!  I'll recompile the
kernel again afresh and check again.  My guess is that this tsleep
is independant to my original report.

My original problem is the same as what you report above.  I've
tried with a cutdown kernel, to remove the possibility that it's
pcm, etc, but it does appear to be more fundamental than that.  I
don't get a crash, just a hang, so no coredump or back trace is
available. :(

Joe