Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:53:35 -0500
From:      Mike Whalen <mike@writermike.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The correct places to ask these questions...

Kevin, Roman, et al,

> My experience shows that the name is a misnomer. Newbies do ask technical
> questions in this list [...]

And seeing that folks did ask technical questions here begat my confusion.
The charter seemed to state that this forum was not for technical questions,
but then I saw technical questions come across the list. Questions seemed
to be the right place.

So, the charter is fine. It seems that skirting the rule a bit isn't
that big of an infraction.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to add a notation to the charter. Perhaps a
mention that one can discuss technical issues, but that answers are
best found in other forums.

>    BTW, this is an excellent guide to using technical mailing lists:
>    http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Cool! Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

Mike Whalen