Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:19:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Helge Oldach <helge.oldach@atosorigin.com>
To:        ragnar@sysabend.org (Jamie Bowden)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: terminal issues.

Jamie Bowden:
>The machine that I use for email and a few other things was cvsup'd to the
>latest 4-S this morning now my xterms are all broken.  I'm sshing in tothe
>box from an SGI, but I get the same results sshing from a Sun.

ACK. Likely the SGI or the Sun are not using X11R6 but an older xterm,
which doesn't support the settings that have been recently made for
the "xterm" termcap entry. I've worked around it by using a different
termcap type. Strangely enough "xterm-r6" does fine... Try using the -tn
option of the SGI/Sun xterm window.

Helge