Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:53:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        tokenring@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Its alive, ALIVE! (fwd)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 npe@bfc.dk wrote:

> Great job.. More people like Larry and the world was a better place to live
> in :)
>
> But have you looked at support for pccard ??

The pccard is not yest supported by Olicom's driver kit, we
may be on our own for getting the pccards to work.

> And will the driver be easy to modify???

When it is completely finished it should support all of the Olicom
cards except the pc-card, and one very old adapter.  There are two
upcoming versions of the driver kit that will support the new
3140 (PCI 4/16) and the 3530 (PCI 100Mbit).  I will inquire about
the pc-card support with olicom, they do have some stubs in the
kit for the pc-card.

I have kept the generic token-ring support seperate so adding
new drivers should be as easy as adding ethernet driver.  As
soon as I finish the Olicom driver, save the last 2 cards, I
will try to get a generic source-routing system set up.

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com