Date:      Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:42:14 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@bfoz.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, olgeni@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eterm transparency/shading problem

--------------010409080805070804080301

Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> I just cvsup'd ports the other day and rebuilt Eterm, now the
> transparency/shading option tints everything blue, regardless of the
> actual settings. Previously I had "cmod 160" and it made the background
> about %50 shaded, as expected. Any idea what happened, or how to fix this?
>
> Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, but I don't see any
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-February/078221.html

This is a bug in Eterm and it has been fixed in the upcoming next
release of Eterm.

To solve this problem now you either need to compile it with MMX
support, e.g.

   make -DWITH_MMX install clean

or in case your machine has no support for MMX put the quick patch that
I attached to this mail into /usr/ports/x11/eterm/files/ and build Eterm
as usual.

Regards Björn

--------------010409080805070804080301--