Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:15:13 +0200
From:      Barry Irwin <bvi@itouchlabs.com>
To:        zhang jack <jack_zhangcl@hotmail.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syncache testing

Yes, I make use of ipfw and the separate NAT daemon, however.  Given it some
more thought and I'm not sure if this would work as expected ( would be very
nice if it does, looking forward to the outcomes of your testing).

The second method I suggested, will work as the packets are being processed
by the local host, however you haev an additioanl software component and
load on the gateway/firewall.  The sould work for beefing up the security of
your web servers if you then firewalled them from connecting to anywhere but
there local subnet, as all the Internet faccing communications is via the
reverse proxy.

Barry