Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:58:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        "J. Weatherbee - Senior Systems Architect" <jamil@acroal.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OS Ports

> What you suggested was pretty masochistic.  You really want to be closer
> to where your going than where you are now.  Also, you don't want to
> destablise stable!

That latter point is also one I should have made.  Doing it in -stable
would, of course, mean that the Sun support would *never* get merged
into FreeBSD since that would be antiethical to the purpose of
-stable.  We don't even bring things like x86 SMP support across from
3.0 to 2.2 (and never will), you think we're going to totally break
character and plop an entirely different architecture into it? :-)
No.

					Jordan