Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 1998 10:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "<"<@eecis.udel.edu:alexandr@ren.eecis.udel.edu>
To:        john <jrs@mcs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Laptop install-PCCARD--xwindows--MOUSE

Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 13:12:20 -0400
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@ren.eecis.udel.edu>

john <jrs@mcs.net> says:
: 1.  Has anyone been able to use the built in mouse on they're laptop??  If

You'll have to compile a kernel with psm0 enabled for PS/2 mouse
support.

: 2.  I have a 3com 10/100 LAN+56K card (Model Number 3ccfem556).  I can't get

This card isn't supported.  8(

: 3.  I can get xwindows running (no mouse and not full screen) however I
: would be interested in any ones xwindows config file that is running on a
: laptop so I can enhance mine.

This is going to be real tricky.  The 380's use the NeoMagic chipset
which isn't supported by XFree86.  There are two options.  The first is
to go with a commercial X-server like Xig.  The second is to look at
some experimental work that some people are working on.  The URL is:

   http://www.mnsinc.com/js/Neomagic.html

Good luck.

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8